Tuesday, May 22, 2012

History Margot-fied: Part I

Here's a look at my favorite wedding of, well, pretty much of all time. With her sophisticated grace and unwavering sense of self, Jackie embodied the type of woman I strive to be everyday, in both my business and my personal life. So here's to Jackie on the day she entered the spotlight, and here's to the wedding of a century... Margot-fied.

WHAT SHE WORE
It's no secret that Jackie never actually liked her wedding dress. With 50 yards of silk taffeta and a big bouffant skirt, it certainly didn't fit the simple, all-American style that she eventually became famous for. But whatever the case, after a good bit of pressure from her mother, Jackie chose a design by New York designer, Ann Lowe.

WHAT SHE CARRIED
Pink and white spray orchids with gardenias



Margot-fied:   This Oscar de la Renta dress has always reminded me of Jackie and I think it would have been perfect for her 1950's ocean-front garden wedding. Pair that with this all white bouquet, inspired by the orange blossoms she wore with her grandmother's veil, and you get a simple and classic look that still befits a bride who was standing in front of twelve hundred guests. (!!!)





Photo credits: 1) Time Magazine 2) Oscar de la Renta Bridal 3) Martha Stewart Wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment