Thursday, July 11, 2013

One Flower Wonder

There is a saying that we've all heard, all like to ignore, and eventually all have come to realize as true:  Sometimes, simple is better. Leonardo da Vinci is actually quoted as saying, "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." You know, according to the internet.

I don't know if Mr. da Vinci dealt much with flowers, but today I feel like he is speaking to my soul. Don't get me wrong, I love the voluptuous, over-flowing flower arrangements that are flooding the wedding market as much as the next person does, but I can't deny that the overwhelming urge to return to something more refined is taking over me. I think of Calvin Klein, who had the fashion bravado to present a collection centered on clean lines and purposed minimalism when everyone else was still marching out models that looked like Madonna.  And in so doing, he managed to present the style that would come to define a decade. Bravo, CK. Bravo.

So let's call this my Pre-Fall fashion show, featuring a collection based solely on one not-so-humble flower. I present to you, The Ranunculus by MB.




No comments:

Post a Comment